Sunday, 30 September 2012
Lil Reh's motivation - The Toyota 4A-GE 1.6..
A 'Bigport' 4A-GE (usually just written 4AGE), an engine Toyota released in 1983 to replace the 2T-G.
Variation 4 of the A series block, G for Yamaha head, and E because of the fuel injection.
The Bigport, 7rib, red-and-black top 4AGE, with the TVIS manifold and an Airflow meter in the intake (rather than MAP sensor of the Japanese models); that was fitted to my AW11 from new, produced 88kw in its original form.
A great, solid, reliable, and very popular engine. I thrashed mine for 350,000km before it needed a rebuild..
Spec, as of the pictures..:
- Rebuilt, balanced, and High comp pistons.
- Tomei 264/8.1 cams
- Trust TR NA extractors
- 2 1/4" exhaust with longer secondaries, high-flow cat, and Fujitsubo Legalis R..
- TechnoToyTuning (T3) Manifold, AE101 silvertop ITB's, T3 trumpets, and Uni filters
- Haltech Sprint 500 ECU
- Walbro GSS341 255L/H fuel pump, and Adj. fuel pressure reg.
- Late 3S-GE injectors
- Smallport 4A-GE distributor
- Wrinkle red cam covers with no valley cover, and HKS oil and rad caps.
- Rebuilt C52 5speed, Exedy Sports Organic clutch, Quaife Helical LSD..
Probably only makes one extra kw, while being a massive pain in the ass and using twice as much fuel..
..but the sound at 8,000rpm - fffuuuuu...!